***Video to view the forum can be found at the following link on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3bJwzrTr8w ***
The Deer Run Planned Development is the second oldest and one of the largest in the county. It contains more than 3000 homes as represented by approximately 25 homeowner's associations, 1 housing association, and 2 property owners associations. It consists of approximately 3 voting precincts and has about 7000 registered voters within its boundaries. The majority of the Deer Run planned development is located within District One. Save Deer Run feels this county commission race is a crucial factor that will have significant impact in shaping the future of Deer Run. The county commission is the governing body that will approve or reject any development applications from the owner of the former Country Club at Deer Run. It is also possible that commissioners could vote to purchase the golf course from its current owner to turn it into a public park. As a result of these factors, Save Deer Run is pleased to announce that it is hosting a Candidates Forum with the BCC Candidates for District One on Thursday, August 6th, 2020 beginning at 6:30pm.
The event is being held on Thursday, August 6, 2020 at MetroLife Church. The venue is located at 910 S. Winter Park Drive, Casselberry, FL 32707. The venue usually holds seating for up to 700 people. However, we are mindful of the current global health pandemic with the threat of covid-19. In order to try to mitigate guests' exposure to the virus, the venue is being limited to no more than 200 individuals. Tickets and masks will be required to enter. Tickets are free and distributed electronically on a first come, first serve basis via EventBrite. Seating will be spaced to help ensure social distancing as much as possible. Hand sanitizer stations will also be located throughout the venue. We also plan to record/livestream the event on Facebook for those who are unable to attend in person.
We're inviting all three candidates to participate in the forum. Those who have agreed to participate have also agreed to abide by the following format:
1. Doors will open at 6:30pm. Candidates have the option of setting up a table to distribute campaign materials between 6:30pm and 7:00pm and converse with guests.
2. The Q&A portion of the event will begin at 7:00pm.
3. Each candidate will be introduced in turn by the moderator.
4. The forum moderator will be Dr. Deborah Bauer, president and founder of Save Deer Run Citizen's Action Group.
5. Each candidate will receive no more than three minutes to make an opening statement.
6. Each candidate will receive approximately 8 to 10 questions from a random pool submitted to the moderator prior to the day of the event. Each candidate will have no more than 3 minutes to answer their question.
7. Candidates will not directly address each other. Rebuttals are not allowed.
8. Candidates will be given no more than three minutes to make a closing statement.
9. The event will last from 7:00pm until 8:30pm.
We are holding this event with the hope that the candidates for the District One race can speak to our residents so that our residents can get an idea for which candidate may best represent our PD's future.
To reserve your tickets, please go to the Eventbrite page for this event. It can be found at the following URL: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/save-deer-run-seminole-bcc-district-1-candidates-forum-tickets-114832781942
To visit the Facebook event page, please go to the following URL: https://www.facebook.com/events/3483587175008057/
For a copy of the event flyer in Adobe PDF format, please click here.
Questions? Please feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2019-2023 Save Deer Run - All Rights Reserved.