On August 17, 2021, Seminole County began the MSBU petition referendum to for Deer Run. The county extended the deadline until October 8, 2021.
The following neighborhoods are included in the MSBU boundary: Hunters Chase at Deer Run condominiums, Field Club, Lake Sterling, Pinetree Village, Pinesong Cove, Deer Run Court, Deer Run Cove, Mystic Woods, Fairway Oaks, Sterling Park I-III, Sterling Park IV, Fox Hollow, Polo Club, Normandy Place, Oak Bend, Ironwood, Clubhouse Point, Terraces, Villages at Deer Run, Villas at Deer Run, Deer Pointe, King's Point, and Eagle's Nest.
A total of 2272 residential units are included in the above list. Tier A homes are 263 homes that directly front the golf course. Tier B is everyone else at a total of 2009 homes.
To view the presentation made by county staff at the public meeting on August 17, 2021, please visit the URL:
To view the county MSBU dashboard to track the progress of the vote (updated several times each week), please visit the URL:
Some other information about the MSBU vote/process:
1. Please check the FOR box if you are voting 'yes' to support the park.
2. The ballot must be SIGNED by all owners on record for a house according to the records of the property appraiser records.
3. Renters do not get to vote.
4. The MSBU is for a period of 15 years.
5. The MSBU is a tax assessment for a special taxing district. There are two tiers. Tier 1 homes are about 263 parcels that directly front the golf course. The Tier 1 homes will a pay higher fee than residential parcels adjacent but not fronting the course. The Tier 2 homes will have a lower amount. See the above graphic for specific numbers. This is NOT a MONTHLY PAYMENT. It is a total PER YEAR ($130 or $65).
6. The MSBU tax assessment may be prepaid with no penalty but there is no bonus for prepayment.
7. The MSBU tax assessment, if passed, will automatically be added to people's yearly property tax bill.
8. The total number of homes in the MSBU district is about 2272 homes. About 1477 homes will need to vote in favor of the MSBU to pass (65% approval).
11. If you don't get your ballot or accidentally destroy it, a replacement ballot can be obtained by emailing your name and address to email@example.com
12. If you don't wish to email or mail your ballot through USPS, there are two drop boxes by the front doors at 423 Eagle Circle in Sterling Park and 352 Fairgreen Place in King's Point. You may put you ballot in the box with no stamp required. These ballots are being hand delivered to the MSBU office in Sanford.
13. If someone does not return their ballot for whatever reason, an unreturned ballot is considered a 'no' vote.
14. Research that the county will be sharing on Tuesday shows that when a public park such as the one the county will build is built adjacent to a housing development that all homes in a 1/2 mile radius see an automatic increase of 5-7% or more in automatic overall property values. All homes that are actually front/on the course, see an average increase in their property values of 15-20%. So the amount of increase in property values will more than offset the fees that residents will be paying for the one-time cost of the MSBU.
15. If you want to confirm if you ballot has been received/counted, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. To repeat: NO MSBU = NO PARK = HOUSING BEING BUILT ON THE GOLF COURSE.
Copyright © 2019-2021 Save Deer Run - All Rights Reserved.